Published: 08/29/2018 - Updated: 03/08/2020
Those that think canary seed was only made for birds don’t know about the properties and multiple benefits of this nutritious seed. Canary seed is one of the most nutritious and powerful seeds on the planet. It is rich in high quality vegetable proteins: just 6 Tbsp. of canary seed have more protein that two or three kilos of meat. But what’s more, the proteins contained in canary seed are neither harmful nor difficult to digest, but are easily digested stable amino acids.
Properties and nutritive elements of canary seed
- Possess a powerful capacity to recharge enzymes.
- An excellent source of antioxidants, which prevent aging and premature wear of the skin.
- Provide a large amount of vegetable proteins.
- The enzymes in these wonderful seeds are a perfect natural remedy to reducing inflammation in internal organs like the liver, kidney, and pancreas. Canary seed is a very powerful pancreatic regenerator, helping to noticeably eradicate diabetes (in a short amount of time).
- Eliminates cirrhosis by increasing the amount of hepatocytes in the liver, which ends up reducing inflammation as well.
- Recharges the kidneys with enzymes, helping eliminate excessive liquids.
- Prevents arteriosclerosis.
- Helps with gout, edemas, gastritis, and stomach ulcers.
- Perfect for treating hypertension.
- Contains the enzyme lipase, which helps cleanse harmful fats from the veins, arteries, or simply from fat deposits. This makes it an extraordinary remedy for obesity, cellulitis, swollen abdomen, etc.
- Contributes to abdominal toning.
- Makes a great appetizer.
- Helps burn fat and reduce cholesterol. A great food for weight loss or cholesterol-lowering diets.
- Has emollient properties.
- A great remedy for kidney and bladder conditions (cystitis), as it kills bacteria in the urinary tract.
How to consume
You can eat it how it comes, in salads or smoothies, or even in soups or dressings. You can also make a nutritious and powerful enzymatic canary seed milk in this way:
CANARY SEED MILK
Soak 5 spoonfuls of canary grass seed in fresh water over night. In the morning, drain the water and place soaked canary seed in the blender. You can add soy milk and fruit if you like, or simply blend and drink the canary seed milk, sweetened with honey (not sugar). This is a nutritious and energetic milk to start your day with (in the mornings), and for ending the day as well (at night, drink warm). It is very important that you do not sweeten this milk with sugar, as this is harmful and irritating to the body. It also destroys the enzymes and the powerful effect that this milk has. Always avoid refined sugar when possible, and if you have small children, do not get them used to sugar sweetened milks or sweets.
Canary seed botany
It is a grain, belonging to the Poaceae family of the grass genus. It comes from an herbaceous plant that stands a little taller than 1 meter high. It has three or four cylindrical, hollow stalks, like bamboo, covered in obvious knots and leaves similar to that of wheat situated between long and narrow pods. The bush has flowers that branch out in small sprigs, and that group in bunches. This seed “canary seed” is extracted from inside these flowers, and come in several different colors, wrapped in a shell. There are 4,000 canary seed species. This plant thrives in meadows, steppes, and savannahs.
Now do you know why birds never get sick?