Published: 10/10/2014 - Updated: 05/18/2018
Author: MSc. Miriam Reyes
Melanoma is a condition whose name comes from the word melas “black”, and o-ma “tumor”. Melanoma is considered to be one of the most serious types of cancer. It generally appears as a cutaneous tumor, although it could also appear in the intestines or in an eye (uveal malanoma).
There are three types of skin cancer
Basal cell carcinoma: this type of cancer comes from basal cells, which are small, round cells located at the base of the epidermis (the external layer of skin).
Squamous cell carcinoma (epidermoid): this type of cancer begins in thin and flat cells that look like fish scales. These cells are located in the tissue that forms the skin’s surface and covers hollow organs in the body, like respiratory tract and digestive canals.
Melanoma: skin cancer of the basal and squamous cells.
What exactly is melanoma?
The body is formed by various types of cells which, in normal and healthy conditions, grow, reproduce, and die. In some cases, cells mutate. This means that they begin to grow and divide more quickly than normal cells, and rather than dying, these abnormal cells group together, forming lumps, or what is known as tumors. Malignant tumors are considered cancerous, and can invade and kill healthy body tissue, forming new tumors in other areas of the body. “Benign” tumors do not grow to other areas of the body.
- They could be moon shaped, and group together and grow on the skin.
- They could appear as swelling in the affected area
- Skin discoloration that appears suddenly. This discoloration could be blue, black, or red.
- Asymmetrical moles, which split into two unequal sides.
- Poorly defined mole outlines.
- Changes in mole colors, which could appear blue, red, white, pink, purple, or grey.
- When a mole bleeds, grows quickly, or makes a crust on the skin.
- These pigmentations that appear on the skin could be in areas that are barely visible, like the scalp, between the toes, or under the nails.
Causes of melanoma
A few possible causes of melanoma or skin cancer are:
- Severe sun exposure (excessive ultraviolet radiation)
- Poorly nourished body with excessive toxins, gasses, and harmful fats.
- In some cases, a hereditary genotype could promote this cancer.
- Resentment, a feeling of aggravation or strong offense, repressed desires of anger that have been accumulated from times long ago, hatred or a deep pain that runs through an individual, are all emotional roots to melanoma or cancer.
Natural alternative treatments for melanoma
There are a lot of ways to treat this condition, either by conventional methods or with natural medical treatment, which is truly effective for this type of condition.
Natural treatment consists of immediately beginning at strict diet, as follows, once any type of symptom is detected.
Eat pineapple or oranges (chose just one) for three days. During those three days, you must not eat anything else, just drink fresh water, 2 liters a day, and whichever fruit you chose. After those three days, you must take 2 full days to eat either papaya or mango (choose only one). Accompany this fruit with two liters of fresh water. You can eat as much fruit as you like.
For the sixth and seventh day, you must eat a small piece of fresh garlic in the morning before breakfast, with a glass of warm water. A half an hour after eating the garlic, you can eat any citrus fruit (orange, lemon, mandarin, grapefruit, etc.). Choose just one of these fruits and eat whichever one you choose until 3 pm. After that time you should eat the following vegetables: red tomato, broccoli, onion, and celery. Eat all of them raw, in a salad or juiced, without adding salt or any type of sweetener, or lemon.
After that week of dieting, you should continue the same regimen, but add steamed vegetable soup without very much salt (use vegetable or sea salt). Combine at least 5 vegetables in the soup. You should drink one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in addition to the soup.
Around 6 or 7 pm, you can eat one cup of whole grain rice, miso soup, or vegetable broth. You can eat a piece of fish or grilled breast three times a week (without seasoning. Use only salt, lemon, or onion).
No matter what, do not eat anything else until your skin heals. Then, slowly pick up your diet again, always avoiding refined or sugar-sweetened foods, or alcohol, processed foods, tobacco, animal fats (reduce this consumption as much as possible), and irritants.
A few natural treatments that could help
Sessions of: bioenergy, reiki, reflexology, and acupuncture. All of these alternatives will help to unblock and let repressed (blocked) emotions flow, especially repressed anger and rage. They will also help to restore harmonious and fluid energy flow, which is essential for eradicating cancer. You must also work on a new focus for life, remembering that the body is a sponge that absorbs our deepest mental and emotional states.
Revised by: Dra. Loredana Lunadei on 05/18/2018
About the author