Published: 08/30/2018 - Updated: 02/25/2019
Author: MSc. Miriam Reyes
Do you have scars? Do you want to clear your face up? Do you have spots on your skin? Your best friends should be the sea mollusks that secrete a biomineral substance that they frequently use to protect themselves from parasites and other sea waste. This substance regenerates damaged areas of sea shells, and is an irridescent color, known as “nacar”. It has been studied, and its powder is considered to be a miraculous compound with lots of beneficial properties to maintain beauty and perfect skin appearance.
Concha nacar powder applications
Concha nacar powder (also known as mother-of-pearl) has the following aesthetic applications:
- Has extraordinary regenerative and restructuring properties that stimulate cellular regeneration.
- Effectively helps remove marks and scars on the skin, left by scratches, cuts, burns, chicken pox, acne, pimples, etc. In antiquity, the Incas mixed Concha nacar powder with lemon juice and used it to remove scars and marks, and to cure some skin conditions.
- Keeps skin soft, firm, hydrated, and young.
- Has exfoliating properties.
- Whitens skin.
- Protects against unfavorable skin conditions, like the cold, contamination, sun, etc.
- Nourishes deeply. Nacar deeply penetrates, taking effect in deep dermis layers.
- Very useful during pregnancy because it helps prevent marks that pregnant women frequently get due to hormonal imbalances.
- Lessens sun marks.
- Helps prevent hangnails and dryness of the skin around the fingernail.
Ways to use Concha nacar
You can find it in special creams and balms for healing, de-pigmenting, and restructuring the skin. You can find them in natural food stores. Concha nacar cream is especially effective for all of the above mentioned reasons, and also fights bacteria and fat deposits. With frequent use, it can prevent their accumulation. When you use it, wash your face well, or wherever you are going to apply it. Gently rub it in 3 times a day. Everyone can use it (even children). Currently there are no known contraindications; this cream is very smooth, and useful for both sexes.
Revised by: Dra. Loredana Lunadei on 02/25/2019
About the author