Published: 07/29/2018 - Updated: 01/30/2019
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. This is a well-known proverb, and for good reason. Apples contain some of the highest nutritive and energetic values among foods, and is preferred both by children and adults alike.
Apples contain fundamental nutrients like:
Properties of Apples: Therapeutic benefits
- Purifies the blood.
- Beneficial in fighting stomach diseases.
- Excellent tonic for the brain, perfect for those who suffer from excess mental activity.
- Very effective in treatingrheumatic diseases.
- Used to treat biliary conditions.
- Fights anemia.
- Helps rejuvenate due to high antioxidant levels.
- Nourishes and helps cure skin conditions.
- When used in apple pies or raw, natural apple juice, it is ideal for treating stomach aches, indigestion, nausea, diarrhea, and intestinal problems.
- Eating a raw apple at night as the last food of the day, greatly helps relax the nervous system, putting you to sleep like a baby.
- If someone at home is sick and doesn’t want to eat anything, give them a raw apple or natural apple juice. This will be sufficient for helping them regain an appetite, and will also provide necessary energy and minerals.
- Place apple slices or raw apple sauce on the skin, which helps to cleanse and refresh the skin.
Eat apples wisely
It is wise to point out that the benefits of eating apples are put to much better use if the apple is eaten raw and whole, from the peel down to the last seed. So the next time you eat an apple, try to eat if from peel to core. Apple cores actually aren’t hard, and they don’t taste bitter the way you might think. Try it some day and you’ll notice that the core is actually quite soft, and can be easily swallowed. If you chew it and find a seed, chew that as well. The seeds also taste fairly good, and are extremely nutritious for the stomach and intestines.
A little bit of history about the apple
Apples have long time held a place of respect among several other foods, and has been a staple food for country folk for quite some time.