If you feel like the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet lose a lot of skin, or if you feel like you have a layer of flakes that dries out and peels off easily, there could be a lot of causes.
- Dryness, lack of good moisture
- Lack of dietary vitamins, like vitamins A, E, and C
- Lack of essential oils to keep the skin lubricated and moisturized
- Frequent exposure to abrasive detergents or to certain substances contained in soaps, creams, or chemicals
- Dietary deficiencies
- Excessive heat, be it environmental or bodily
- Excessive stress or anxiety
- Insufficient sweating or body hydration
What are some of the symptoms of flaky skin?
- Skin on the palms or the soles of the feet feel rough.
- Skin that flakes off easily and that is very rough.
- Flaking generally isn’t painful.
- Skin (the flakes) are easily moved around.
- Sometimes certain pimples break out (cutaneous eruptions) on the palms. ¬†In some occasions, these pimples explode and later form a flak area.
- There could be redness in the area or inflammation around the fingers.
Natural treatment to prevent peeling on the hands and feet:
If you have this problem or if you you have suffered from some small case of it, don’t worry. ¬†There are a lot of simple, natural, and very effective solutions for treating this, like those mentioned below:
- Take a look at your diet. ¬†If you are not nourishing your body this could manifest in numerous ways, and peeling is one of them. ¬†You must include foods rich in vitamin C, A and E. ¬†Citrus juices before breakfast will help keep your skin in excellent condition. ¬†If you combine this with vegetable juices rich in vitamin A, like carrot or seaweed, your skin will be well nourished, and this will help prevent your skin from drying out. ¬†You should not leave out avocado, extra virgin olive oil, fish, dark green vegetables, papaya or citrus fruits from your diet.
- Drink at least two liters of water a day. ¬†This will help keep your skin moisturized and your blood fluid. ¬†Sufficient water consumption will also keep your entire body fresh, which sweat glands need in order to control body temperature and to prevent overheating on the skin.
- Urine retention is something else that could cause lack of sufficient sweating and that could keep your body from being fresh. ¬†You must keep an eye on your urine, making sure it is fluid and constant.
- Apply moisturizing cream and emollient to your hands and feet. ¬†Cream that are prepared with aloe vera or beeswax are wonderful for keeping skin well hydrated and youthful.
- Try to use socks during warm weather and avoid wearing shoes without socks. ¬†This will help keep your feet fresh.
- Each night, submerge your palms and feet in warm water with sea salt and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. ¬†Sea salt kills fungi, if this is the cause, and the oil with nourish skin while keeping it young.
- Avoid prolonged periods of stress, which are not beneficial at all for skin.
Also, if you’re close to the ocean, do not hesitate to take dips in sea water. ¬†This is a great skin elixir.
Are medications necessary to treat this problem?
Generally this problem can be easily resolved. ¬†Remember, the body has an amazing self-healing ability. ¬†All it needs is for you to provide it with the necessary elements to balance itself out, to regenerate, and to recover whatever is necessary.
In addition to what we just mentioned, we recommend that you rub extra virgin olive oil on your hands and feed every night, and let your skin absorb the oil over night. ¬†It’s also a good idea to apply a yogurt and honey mask every once in a while to these areas of your body. ¬†If you have a fungal infection, apply green clay, which is excellent for preventing fungi.