Published: 10/07/2014 - Updated: 01/07/2018
Author: MSc. Miriam Reyes
Creams are prepared with specific expertise destine to soften, cleanse, exfoliate, and keep the skin healthy, firm, healthy, and in the best conditions possible. Creams also help to prevent premature aging, and keeps the face from wear and tear, irritation, or damage.
In addition to glycerin, creams contain moisturizers and emollients that are perfect ingredients for the face. Nutrients from fruit and some grains are easily absorbed by the skin, and are powerful beauty ingredient. They also nourish the skin, and are excellent at exfoliating and restoring the skin.
We will provide you with a few ways of nourishing and cleaning your skin with creams made by you. Remember that before applying any sort of cream, your face should be completely clean. Creams are usually better absorbed after bathing or exfoliating.
- Homemade oil treatment for the neck
- Cream for normal, combination, and dry skin (it is moisturizing, emollient, and noticeably helps dry and aged skin)
- Home exfoliation treatment with grains
- Home treatment for rejuvenating the skin
- Milk and honey lotion (for rejuvenating)
- Nourishing mint and avocado cream for firming the face
- Rose milk for oily skin
- Strawberry cream (oily or combination skin)
- Makeup remover
Homemade oil treatment for the neck
Heat three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or first pressed (this is necessary for the oil to keep its natural nutrients and benefits). When it is warm, dip a completely clean towel in the oil, and apply to your neck.
Cream for normal, combination, and dry skin (it is moisturizing, emollient, and noticeably helps dry and aged skin)
- 500 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 12 Tbsp. bees wax
- 70 grams rose water
- Orange or lemon essential oil
1. Melt oil and wax in a double boiler (water in one pan. Submerge a second, smaller pan with the wax and oil into the pan with water).
2. Once melted, remove from heat and add rose oil, essential oil, and one capsule of vitamin E, if you like.
MORE IN THE JOY OF WELLNESS7 Make-up Tricks for the Holidays
Home exfoliation treatment with grains
- One tablespoon of ground oats or two tablespoons rice flour.
Moisten the oats or flour with a bit of water, and then run the oats or flour on your face. Rub gently. Rub over your neck, hands, and entire face.
Home treatment for rejuvenating the skin
- 30 grams bees wax
- 45 grams almond oil
- 140 grams rose water
- 32 grams glycerin
- 7 drops of rose essential oil
- 5 grams of benzoin tincture
- 5 grams sodium borate
Place wax and almond oil in a double boiler. Once it has melted, add glycerin, having previously dissolved the sodium borate in it. Mix until well blended, then add the tincture and essential oil, and mix until perfectly blended.
Milk and honey lotion (for rejuvenating)
Melt a bit of honey and add the same amount of almond milk to it. Warm it up, and apply to the face with a cotton ball, having recently washed or exfoliated. Massage your face by pressing your fingers into your face while moistened with honey. Then wash.
MORE IN THE JOY OF WELLNESSOpen Pores in the Skin
Nourishing mint and avocado cream for firming the face
You will need to blend a few fresh mint leaves in a mortar or a blender, with a small amount of water. Mix the mint with a piece of ripe avocado and one tablespoon of olive oil. Wash your face with mineral water and then apply this cream instantly. The secret to applying this cream is to give your entire face and neck a massage, using your fingertips. Use a circular massage, without scrubbing.
Rose milk for oily skin
- 125 grams potassium carbonate
- 60 grams 80 proof alcohol
- A few drops of fresh lemon juice
- 12 liters distilled water
- 13 drops benzoin tincture
Mix all ingredients in a plastic bottle, cover and shake well. Wash your face and apply this water with a cotton ball before going to bed.
Strawberry cream (oily or combination skin)
- 4 Tbsp. fresh, organic strawberry juice
- 30 grams cocoa butter
- 120 grams soy oil
- 5 drops benzoin tincture
Melt cocoa butter in a double boiler, and then add soy oil. Stir uniformly until everything is evenly and well mixed. Remove from heat and add fresh strawberry juice. Stir this mixture very well and allow to cool. Then add the 5 drops of benzoin.
Use any warm liquid vegetable oil, like sesame, olive, almond, avocado, etc. Apply to the face if wearing makeup with a cotton ball. You will see how wonderful this is.
Revised by: Dra. Loredana Lunadei on 01/07/2018
About the author