Published: 02/24/2015 - Updated: 12/29/2017
Hemiplegia is paralysis of one side of the body, while hemiparesis simply reduces strength and mobility, without causing paralysis, which is why it is considered to be less severe.
Causes of Hemiplegia and Hemiparesis:
- One of the most common causes is that the brain does not recieve the necessary oxygen, which causes neurons to die.
- Brain tumors.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Brain paralysis.
- Brain damage caused by an interruption in blood flow.
- Diseases related to the backbone.
- Conditions in either of the brain hemispheres.
- Physical or emotional malnutrition.
- Emotional causes: both conditions are rooted energetically in abusive reasoning, people that always need to find solutions on a rational level. A sense of not having sufficient “strength” to defend oneself, to move around, to remove something from on top of our shoulders that we don’t like, or facing some sort of problem.
Generally caused by:
- Cerebral-vascular accidents
- Cranial trauma
- Brain tumors
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Complications with meningitis
- Conversion disorders
Whenever any part of the brain is affected or injured, hemiplegia appears on the opposite side of the body. For example, if the right hemisphere is the affected area, this will show up in the left side of the body. This happens because the motor fibers of the corticospinal tract, which originate in the motor cortex of the brain that crosses to the opposite side of the lower part of the medulla oblongata, and then reaches down to the spinal chord and aggravates the corresponding muscles. The seriousness of the hemiplegia depends on the area in which the brain injury occurred.
Symptoms of individuals with hemiplegia:
- Problems keeping their balance, either sitting or standing
- Lack of strength and mobility while walking
- Problems grasping things with the hands, pinching, etc.
- Muscle spasms
- Rigid muscles
- Children with hemiplegia also experience an abnormal mental development
- Anxiety, rage, irritability, lack of concentration or understanding
- Depression and discouragement
- Shoulder pain
Natural supporting treatment
Individuals with hemiplegia need to pay special attention to their diet, which should be of better quality so that the brain can nourish tissues, cells, blood, etc.
Diet: It is important that the individuals supports his/herself with fresh vegetables, especially carrots, aloe, alfalfa, beets, celery, etc., in the afternoons, and fruits in the morning. Try to eat citrus fruits before breakfast so the body is cleansed and toxin-free. Orange juice with chia before breakfast is an elixir for nourishing the body, but you need to remember to do this early in the morning, and don’t eat anything else for the following 20 minutes. You should avoid all refined foods, like white sugar and flour, which only create toxins in the body, and do not nourish it. Cow’s milk should be put off for a while (not even skim, nor light, etc.), opt for plant-based milks, like almond milk. This is very nutritious and easily digested. It is important to pay special attention to avoiding foods with white sugar, which very obviously wear down the nervous system. Your diet should be based on steamed vegetables, soups, fish, papay before breakfast, granola bars, walnuts and almonds, oily products, whole grains, etc.
Teas and infusions: we recommend giving individuals with hemiplagia curative teas for the liver, because this organ influences a large number of conditions. Boldo tea before breakfast (combined with the aforementioned juices) is a great help for keeping the body detoxified. Boil the tea in one glass of water, with two spoonfuls of boldo. Add the juice from half of one lemon. Drink immediately, as warm as you can tolerate.
Exercise: According to each case, we recommend that the individuals exercise by receiving special massages or therapies. Teaching the individual to breathe is a wonderful aid for keeping the body well oxygenated, especially the brain. For this, we recommend that the individual practice some sort of yogic breathing.
Emotional release: it is important that the individual has good emotional understanding, because excessive rage or suppressed emotions due to rationalizing what one feels, could influence this illness.