The skin has the property of being elastic, but if it is stretched for long periods of time, and then later shrinks, it is then quite possible that the well known stretch marks will mark our skin. ¬†They are small scars that form in the skin, and generally appear after pregnancy or after having gained weight and then lost it quickly.
There are lots of things you can do to prevent stretch marks: frequently and abundantly rub oil or special anti-stretch cream (or almond oil, aloe or rose hip cream, tepezcohuite, etc.) during pregnancy, or avoid abrupt weight changes. ¬†Diet is also important, as this helps the skin stay healthy and elastic. ¬†You must pay special attention to your diet for this, and include fresh vegetable juices, oils, cold-pressed oils, fatty fish, avocado, seaweed, brewer’s yeast, vegetable milks, whole grains, etc.
However, when you already have stretch marks, you can use a few home remedies to help attenuate them.
Olive oil cream for eliminating stretch marks
- 1/2 c. virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. aloe vera gel
- 6 capsules vitamin E
- 4 capsules vitamin A
How to make the cream for stretch marks?
Mix the ingredients well in a blender and then shake the concoction in a jar. ¬†Store in the fridge. ¬†Apply one a day to the area affected by stretch marks, or use it as a preventive cream during pregnancy, applying abundantly to the thighs, abdomen, and lumbar area.
Grape porridge for stretch marks
This fruit is a very good skin emollient, applied externally it brings about very positive effects. ¬†It helps to make stretch marks disappear, or prevents them, among other things.
- 1 c. fresh grapes
To make this mask, all you need to do is puree the grapes, and apply them to the stretch marks. ¬†Let the mixture set for half an hour, then rinse.
Comfrey water against stretch marks
Comfrey tea is very effective for reducing them.
- Half a cup of comfrey
- 1 liter of fresh water
Boil the water and then add comfrey. ¬†Cover and remove from heat. ¬†Let set for 15 minutes. ¬†Strain and store this water in a bottle. ¬†Apply whenever you can to the skin. ¬†Apply, then use arnica cream after to accentuate the results. ¬†Do this at least 3 or 4 times a day.
Natural, homemade Dandelion cream for stretch marks
- 100 grams dandelion leaves
- 1/2 liter water
- 1/2 glass aloe vera juice
- 7 drops of rose hip oil
- Oatmeal flour
1. Boil dandelion in water for approx. 10 minutes, and let the product set.
2. Transfer it to a tall and narrow container, add aloe juice, rose hip oil, and oatmeal flour. ¬†Blend well with a beater.
3. The amount of oatmeal flour used should be however much is necessary so that the mixture reached a homogeneous texture.
4. Apply to stretch marks and let set for 1 hour. ¬†Then, wash with warm water. ¬†You should repeat the treatment at least 5 times a week.
5. If you complement this with wheat-germ massages or cocoa butter in the shower, the fading effect will increase.
Carrot and aloe vera cream
- 4 carrots
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- 2 Tbsp. aloe vera gel
Application method: ¬†
1. Boil the carrots in water until they soften. ¬†Mash, and mix with the aloe.
2. Make a puree and then add vitamin E.
3. Stir well and apply to the affected area. ¬†Allow to work as long as possible, then rinse.
Seaweed masks are also very effective. ¬†Get one glass of seaweed and grind it with a bit of aloe juice, along with a stream of olive oil. ¬†Rub this paste on the area where you have stretch marks, and allow to work for 20 minutes. ¬†Wash your skin and apply a cream, like any of those suggested in our advice.
More home advice for treating stretch marks:
- After bathing: rub rose hip, arnica, tepezcohuite, or cocoa cream on your stretch marks, or wheat germ oil.
- Include in your diet foods rich in vitamins E and A, which will help to deeply restore your skin. ¬†Whole grains, carrots, avocado, olive oil, olives, fish, etc., should not be absent from your diet.