Uterine fibroids are abnormal growth of cells in the uterus, known also as leiomyomas or fibromyomas. They can be in various localities and they can be on the surface on the interior of the uterus, or on both. The size of these tumors varies greatly. They can be very small, and some even take over the entire pelvis. They can even reach to the lower abdomen. Fibroids appear generally during the fertile age of a women, as this growth is boosted by estrogen, making them fairly unlikely to appear before or after this age.
Symptoms of fibroids:
Generally they do not present any symptoms, although in some occasions they can cause the following reactions:
- Cause metrorrhagia and/or hypermenorrhea
- Changes is menstrual bleeding
- Pain during menstruation
- Light bleeding during non-menstrual times
- Constipation and/or rectal tightness
- Fetal loss
How to confirm that they are fibroids?
Not all of the aforementioned symptoms are signs of fibroids. In some occasions, the above symptoms can manifest for other body disturbances. To be sure that they are fibroids, you could have a special pelvic diagnosis performed by a gynecologist, which, through an exploratory examination, could detect the possible presence of these tumors. Keep in mind, however, that a lot of times this explorations can be confusing, and may not confirm anything for certain. There is also a technique that exists with magnetic resonance, or you could get a pelvic ultrasound for your diagnosis.
Natural remedies for fibroids
If you suspect that you have fibroids, or you want to prevents them, you can keep some of the following remedies in mind. Also, know that if the tumor is small, a lot of times you will not require any treatment. But it is always good to keep in mind that the body is telling us something, because those “small fibroids” can be small warnings, so we will consider a few things, like those mentioned below.
- Diet: a proper diet in the fundamental base for equilibrium and whole body health. In this case, it is advisable to include in your diet quality foods that help your hormones to always be balanced. Fresh vegetables juices every day are perfect for keeping your body free of fats and harmful toxins that block good body functioning. Vegetables like soy, sprouts, carrots, alfalfa, and celery are excellent for keeping the body clean and well nourished. Drink half a liter of juice a day, mixing three of these vegetables. You should try to eliminate from your diet, little by little, foods like dairy and packaged animal products, as well as all products that contain white sugar. These foods cause a lot of disorders and toxins in the body. Sugar, especially, affects the endocrine glands, atrophying glandular performance and causing or altering the composition of these hormones. This causes chemical imbalances in the body.
- Energetic therapies for unblocking meridian points in the body that alter estrogen processes, causing an overproduction of them, are a good option. You can use acupunture, accupressure, or therapy with light needles (laser acupuncture).
- Emotional states also can affect the appearance and development of fibroids. Holing on to or feeding old offenses can be an energetic factor that causes this condition. If you have large fibroids, or they are considerably altering your health, you must consider this aspect of your life. The uterus, in energetic medicine, is the home of creativity. Therefore, you must focus on nourishing your life with thoughts and attitudes that truly make you feel admired and satisfied with yourself, and find pleasant ways to resolve and create your life. Do not feed what you don’t want to grow. Even though you may not believe it, this detail may seem insignificant, but it could be a key point in recovering your balance and bodily health.
If you are interested in this idea of emotions, you can take a look at bioenergetic therapy as a very beneficial support for helping you unblock repressed emotions from a long time ago. This therapy will help you vent all that is from the past, and what could be causing you to feel resentment. A good bioenergetic therapist could also help you understand new ways of understanding life.