Published: 08/29/2014 - Updated: 05/18/2018
Conjunctivitis is an illness of the eyes that occurs when the conjunctive area of the eye becomes inflamed (this is the mucous membrane that covers the interior of the eyelids). This inflammation then spreads to the anterior region of the eye ball.
Probable causes of Conjunctivitis
- Dietary deficiency, low in vitamins A and C.
- Excessive fat in the seborrheic dermatitis (by touching the face and later rubbing the eyes).
- READING INCORRECTLY: with little light, for long periods of reading, straining your eyes with small letters, reading while moving (in the car, the bus), staring at the monitor too much, performing lots of activities where you have to stare and there is no sunlight.
- Poor hygiene, poor eye rest.
- Washing the eyes with irritating soaps or corrosive detergents.
- Exposing yourself to environmental contamination with excess smoke, dust, or contaminating elements.
- EMOTIONS: energetic medicine looks at curing all illnesses with an integrative vision, and proposes cures on all levels, from the physical aspect (diet, habits, and natural remedies) to the mental and emotional aspect. All illnesses start with a mental attitude, and to cure any condition you must treat the deepest of its roots. This means, using energetic treatment. In this case, conjunctivitis has its emotional (energetic) roots in a constant attitude of irritation or bad mood towards what you see in life. When what you see irritates you, or makes you mad, or you just plain don’t like it, the retina suffers intense tension and vital energy then cannot irrigate the eye naturally and harmoniously. It is blocked. This causes the eye to weaken and suffer from what we know as conjunctivitis, or ocular irritation.
Conjunctivitis symptoms are:
- Red, irritated, or burning eyes.
- Watery eyes.
- Eye boogers.
- Eye pain or discomfort
Natural remedies for conjunctivitis
DIET: the mucous membranes and the high temperatures produced in the body that cause the majority of our illnesses, is due to our high consumption of sugar and refined breads, processed animal dairy, fried products, and packaged foods. All of these foods overload the body’s primordial functions, and block it from the interior harmony, called health. You must always keep your diet as fresh and raw as possible. Eat plenty of vitamin C (oranges, lemons, guava fruit, blueberries, kiwi, broccoli, etc.), and avoid the harmful products mentioned above as much as possible.
PHYTOTHERAPY: Euphrasia is a truly effective plant for treating painful eyes, eye redness, and the general conjunctivitis symptoms. Elder, chamomile, and orange blossom area also good remedies. You can use infusion compresses on your eyelids, which should be prepared the same time it is used, with boiled water. You can also wash your eye with this water, letting the infusion cool for a while before use.
HABITS: You must try to read in an unhurried and peaceful manner, focusing on the letters with good light. Use sunlight as much as possible, and avoid straining your vision with small or moving letters. If you have to use the monitor for long periods of time because of your job, you should rest your eyes every 50 minutes, and stick your head out the window to look out far. This rests the eyes. Another good habit to get into, is to do activities in plain sunlight, so the eyes are bathed in sufficient sunlight. This strengthens and nourishes the eyes.
EMOTIONS: The way you see life powerfully influences your states of health. If you feel you frequently get irritated, and that you don’t tolerate, or become despaired frequently by things you “see”, it would be good for you to read literature that amplifies the way you see things. A good exercise for amplifying your understanding is to begin to see and treat others as if they were you. Meditation, yoga, and energetic medicine are also good alternatives to help positively manage your emotions.
Healthy eyes reflect no only health, but also a beauty that comes from deep within the soul.