Red, yellow, and black; whichever one you choose will have smooth skin, and juicy fruit. They are sweet, sometimes acidic, and they can be found nearly all summer long in the market. This is a model fruit – delicious plums – which harbor quite a variety to choose from, including Claudia plums, which stand out among the rest for their sweet flavor. She is considered to be the Queen of all plums. The most popular class of plums are Burbanks.
Nutritional and healing properties of plums
- Plums, most especially prunes or dried plums, are perfect for fighting constipation and other intestinal disruptions like diverticulitis.
- Help reduce cholesterol.
- Contain large amounts of potassium, which helps eliminate bodily fluids, and helps prevent water retention.
- Protects against cardiovascular problems.
- Their lack of fat, richness in fatty acids, and heightened levels of potassium are incredibly important for treating hypertension.
- Rich in fiber, phosphorus, iron, sodium, magnesium, water, calcium, copper, zinc, selenium, niacin, and vitamins A, C, B1, and B2.
- Fresh plum juice is perfect for relieving indigestion and poor digestion.
- Positively affect biliary acid concentrations, which prevents colon cancer.
- Contains copper, which reduces the risk of coagulations forming in the blood.
- Contains boron, a mineral that helps women retain estrogen when going through menopause. Estrogen is an indispensable hormone for proper calcium absorption.
Fresh plums contain very little fat, are rich in vitamin A and C, and provide great strength in their calories. Plum juice is ideal for cleansing the body, the liver, the kidneys, and the intestines. Their effects can even be seen in the skin, seeing as how clean intestines and a clean body are synonymous with healthy skin. They are rich in antioxidants, making them rejuvenating and helpful in preventing premature skin aging.
Dates contain more sugar, which could lead to intestinal gasses and flatulence. However, prunes are excellent for the intestines and are very nutritious. They are highly recommended for athletes, and people who have hard-labor jobs. They are also good for students, as it provides lots of energy. Prunes contain more nutritive properties than fresh plums, because by losing moisture, their properties and natural elements become concentrated.