Published: 10/13/2014 - Updated: 03/08/2020
Author: Dra. Loredana Lunadei, PhD
I would like to introduce you the properties of Cherries. The cherry is an elegant fruit. It has an intense, scarlet color and a very special size and taste. It is believed to originally be from Mesopotamia and was used in antiquity by Greek doctors because of its powerful cleansing properties. It has a sweet and juicy pulp, and its juice is very refreshing and nutritive. Cherries are a younger relative of the Prunus family, which is made up of large pitted and meaty fruit, like peaches, apricots, and plums.
Properties of Cherries
- Rich in minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sulphur.
- Vitamins like A, B, C and E.
- We should point out their vitamin C content. They are natural antioxidants that not only prevent cellular deterioration, but they also help quick and effective cellular regeneration. They also keep the immune system in good condition.
- The intense red color in cherries is due to its anthocyanin, which are flavonoids with great antioxidant strength. They are more concentrated in cherries that in any other fruit (25 mg per 100 grams).
- One of its greatest advantages is that it contains ellagic acid, which helps prevent cancer and inhibits carcinogenic cell reproduction.
- Black cherries contain higher concentrations of iron, magnesium, and potassium, and lighter varieties.
- They are a good source of silicon.
- Rich in high quality fiber.
- They contain natural sugars and are not detrimental to health or weight
- They create a very characteristic analgesic effect (which serves to calm or eliminate pain).
- They promote intestinal circulations and liquid elimination, guaranteeing efficient drainage in the urinary and digestive systems.
- For the above reason, they prevent the formation of kidney and gallbladder stones.
- Cherries contain anthocyanins, a substance capable of inhibiting cyclooxygenase. This antioxidant power is defined in its juice, which contains powerful virtues and possesses more melatonin than the entire fruit (melatonin is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland at night that, among other things, is a powerful antioxidant. It is considered by experts to be the most efficient substance for slowing aging).
Cherry stems are an excellent remedy for fighting water retention. They promote recovery in tired or heavy legs, and they produce a diuretic effect. They effectively help with weight loss and do not create any side effects. Cherry stems also help eliminate kidney stones and to cleanse the blood and intestines.
Natural remedies with cherries
Cherry is recommended for
- Helping cleanse the intestines and blood, thereby helping to prevent all sorts of conditions caused by an accumulation of toxins (toxemia and internal fever), which primarily causes allergies and skin conditions.
- Cases of constipation, diverticulitis, and stomach problems.
- Helps reduce levels of accumulated uric acid, making it a good remedy for gout and for preventing uric acid attacks.
- Cherries are very beneficial and recommendable for individuals that suffer from osteoarthritis, arteriosclerosis, etc.
- In the morning, before breakfast, this juice is good for individuals that suffer from skin problems.
- Helps slow aging and keeping the skin healthy and young.
- Keeps children healthy and free from infections and contagions.
The effects that cherries have can be felt according to each person’s body. Some individuals feel the effects more quickly, while others need to continue to consume cherries for 3 or 4 weeks to begin to notice results. This depends on how intoxicated the body is and if any sort of condition exists.
Cherry regimen for helping treat arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, and allergies
You should eat anywhere between 20 and 25 cherries a day (or drink the equivalent in fresh juice). You should drink a minimum of 2 liters of water a day, and eliminate all animal fats for 5 days from your diet (this includes cow’s milk, cheeses, yogurt, sausages, fish, etc.). Then, reduce this consumption to a minimum, and continue eating cherries.
You should eat 7 to 10 in the morning before breakfast, or drink them in a fresh juice, and drink half a glass of warm water. You should never eat cherries with another meal, you must eat them on an empty stomach, half an hour before eating and 2 hours after eating. Do not combine them with other fruit, eat them by themselves.
If you get diarrhea while on this diet, or if your stomach hurts a little or you develop a rash, this is normal. It means that your body is deeply cleansing. Do not stop the diet, continue with it until you see results.
Weight loss regimen with cherries
Because they are a detoxifying fruit, they can be extremely helpful for losing weight. One recommended diet for this purpose consists of eating only cherries for 4 days straight, while drink 2 liters of water a day.
About the author