Published: 12/04/2014 - Updated: 07/31/2021
Author: MSc. Miriam Reyes
A liver cyst is a form of liver damage which is a type of sack created by cells that fill with liquid. Their size can vary from millimeters (simple cysts), to other, much larger or more complex cysts which may have more symptoms. Simple, or very small, cysts generally don’t have any symptoms, but the majority of them can present the following effects:
Possible symptoms (because these can frequently be confused with symptoms for gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome, lumbago, etc.)
- Abdominal pain in the right upper quadrant
- Early satiety or lack of appetite
- Excessive physical tiredness
Possible causes of liver cysts
Some cysts are caused by parasites like those belonging to the genus Echinococcus. E. granulars (parasites eliminated by dog feces), which is one of the primary causes of human cysts. It is spread by touching the hair of a contaminated dog or by contaminated water or vegetables.
Congenital causes: which cause congenital deformity.
Weak immune system combined with some sort of parasite.
Irritability of repressed or constant anger, combined with repetitive regret or resentment, even if they are silent or masked, cause the appearance of cysts in the liver.
Simple cysts should be treated so as to prevent them from growing larger and becoming complicated, causing other, more severe, disorders like intracystic hemorrhages.
Healing and treatment
In order to cure liver cysts and damage, surgical intervention is suggested, although this should be a last resort. You should give priority to a natural cure, which can be truly effective and could help eradicate the problem.
MORE IN THE JOY OF WELLNESSToxemia
To begin or support a healing treatment, a cleansing diet and liver nutrition is basic. It should be considered as a primordial base in curing this condition.
The cleansing diet should consist of fasting for one or two days, eating just fruit for those days. The fruit you chose should have cleansing, nourishing, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and toning properties, like grapes, pineapple, orange or papaya. In order to start the diet you should choose some day in which you don’t have a lot of activity, especially physical activity, because this fast should be accompanied by moments of relaxation and reflection so the the body can go through its absorption and elimination processes well.
You should start the day fasting by drinking one glass of warm water with half a lemon squeezed into it, and then immediately drink two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. wait for 20 minutes and then start eating all the fruit you would like, of whichever fruit you have chosen. Throughout the day, in addition to the fruit, you should drink two liters of fresh water from morning to night. Two glasses should be substituted by drinking horse tail or boldo infusion, preferably drinking it mid-morning and at night.
If, while on the diet, your head or stomach hurts a bit, you get diarrhea, constipation, a rash, or another minor symptom, do not worry. This is a symptom of healing which means that the body is removing toxins. Once you finish the fasting days, then start the next day by drinking warm lemon water and the tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
MORE IN THE JOY OF WELLNESSSpider Veins (Varicose Veins) on the Face
At breakfast your first food during healing should be papaya or pineapple. The rest of the diet can consists of eating steamed vegetables, whole grains and breads, soups and vegetable broths, fruit and vegetable juices, avoiding combining one with the other. You should include nutritional supplements in your liver-nourishing diet like oranges, linseed, brewer’s yeast, amaranth, and chlorophyll, one tablespoon a day dissolved in one glass of water.
Healing attitudes for liver cysts
- Diet should be accompanied by a new exercise routine which would allow the organs to become toned, as oxygen and nutrients to be circulated appropriately.
- Additionally, you should definitely work on your emotions. Misunderstood or strongly controlled emotions creates interior environments like tension, deficient blood circulation.excessive pressure, a weak immune system (which causes contagions and makes one prone to incubating parasites), blockage of primary system functions, etc. Anger is one of the emotions that most affects the liver and makes it weaker.
- Hygiene is another thing that you should consider in order to avoid parasitic infection.
A few alternative therapies that could help cure you are: reflexology, a bioenergetic massage session, abdominal breathing, yogic practices and breathing, acupuncture, etc.
- Pitchaimuthu, M., & Duxbury, M. (2017). Cystic lesions of the liver-A review. Current Problems in Surgery, 54(10), 514–542.
- Seeff, L. B., Lindsay, K. L., Bacon, B. R., Kresina, T. F., & Hoofnagle, J. H. (2001). Complementary and alternative medicine in chronic liver disease. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md.), 34(3), 595–603.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), 2018. Acupuncture.
- Medlineplus, 2018. Acupuncture. U.S. National Library of Medicine
Revised by: Dra. Loredana Lunadei on 07/31/2021
About the author