Published: 10/01/2014 - Updated: 03/08/2020
Author: Dra. Loredana Lunadei, PhD
Cabbage juice is one of the most beneficial juices for treating ulcers and poor digestion. Cabbage juice has a lot of medicinal properties, of which the following stand out:
- Effective tonic for the digestive system as well as for the blood.
- Perfect for reducing weight and eliminating harmful cholesterol and toxins.
- Contains sulfur, iodine and chlorine in medicinal proportions, as well as calcium, potassium, and iron. The combination of these minerals in cabbage juice provokes an intensive cleansing of the mucous membrane in the stomach and intestines.
- Contains important amino acids like folic acid, cystine, leucine, quercetin, mucilages, etc.
- Fights constipation and is an excellent remedy for treating irritable bowel problems.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Cabbage is a diuretic which is why it helps eliminate excess fluids in the body.
- Ulcers, either in the stomach or duodenum, have had surprising healing treatment with cabbage juice. Its high glutamine content is one of the best antacids.
- Colitis is another one of the conditions that can be successfully treated with cabbage.
- Prevents intestinal infections due to its high vitamin C content.
- Prevents infections caused by diverticulitis.
- It is also useful for treating hyperthyroidism because it possesses caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid which provide anti-thyroid properties.
- Fights illnesses in the respiratory tract like snoring, asthma, loss of voice, the flu, colds, etc.
- Dissolves bladder stones and reduces rheumatic pains.
- To treat problems with the sciatic nerve, cabbage helps reduce sciatic nerve inflammation when applying cabbage leaves externally with a cloth soaked in warm water placed on top.
- Useful for fighting pimples, blisters, burns, insect bites and acne, because it contains emollient properties when applied externally. To use in this way, you must apply crushed cabbage leaves on top of the skin with a cloth moistened in hot water placed on top. Leave for as long as possible.
- Helps in weight loss as it is great at cleansing fats and toxic substances that have accumulated in the body.
Cabbage treatment symptoms
A lot of times, when someone begins treatment with cabbage, that person frequently experiences a lot of gas. This symptom could be due to the fact that the cabbage is deeply evacuating wastes, toxins, and putrefied substances in the intestines, which is why this is a natural reaction. Even diarrhea, stomach aches, or headaches are normal symptoms in what is known as a curing crisis. However, if this gas continues even after having finished the treatment, or if it was present even before treatment, then the gas could be due to something else.
If you suffer from gas, using this alternative is not advisable until first discovering the causes that are provoking your gas, or, begin treatment by drinks carrot juice with alfalfa, aloe vera or spinach. Drink half a cup of fresh juice a day to help reestablish the intestines, or to prepare them for cabbage treatment.
How to consume cabbage:
You can eat cabbage either in a salad, combined with other vegetables, or as a juice (see detail below).
Make a salad:
One recommendable salad would be to grate half a cabbage with a bit of carrot and dress with olive oil, salt and lemon, adding just a touch of oregano.
Make cabbage juice:
To make a juice all you need is half of one fresh cabbage and a juice extractor. Push the cabbage through the extractor and drink the juice without straining. If you want to turn this juice into a treatment, drink it daily for 20 days.
If you combine cabbage juice with carrot juice, you will have an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin A, which will help fight herpes labialis, skin infections, bleeding gums, inflammation and periodontitis.
This plant grows in dry land, its leaves are wide and wrinkly, and its flowers are yellow. It has been a highly valued plant in Europe, and was known in the Celt culture. Great doctors from ancient Greece valued it as one of the best medicinal plants.
MORE IN THE JOY OF WELLNESSYou should not do Abs everyday
About the author