Published: 07/31/2018 - Updated: 03/08/2020
Author: Dra. Loredana Lunadei, PhD
Chlorophyll is the green color pigment present in plants and algae which, in some way, could be considered “plant blood”. Chlorophyll is the basic element used in transforming energy from the sun through photosynthesis. Beyond just providing vital energy, chlorophyll contains some truly spectacular health properties.
Among them, stand out:
- Detoxifies and oxygenates the cells very effectively. It is an extraordinary source or easily digested vitamins and minerals. Supports blood circulation, cleanses the intestines, kidney, and liver.
- Helps regulate our metabolism.
- It is a highly deodorizing dietary supplement.
- Extremely useful for fighting bad breath caused by alcoholic drinks, garlic, strong condiments, tobacco, and other foods.
- Helps reduce odors caused by sweating.
- An excellent antioxidant, helping prevent premature cell deterioration, which is why it is considered rejuvenating.
- Nourishes and strengthens the circulatory system.
- Nourished and strengthens the intestines.
- Prevents anemia, is very useful for anorexics, and for children who eat very little and those that feel weak.
- It is a good support after strong physical exertion.
- Significantly reduces cholesterol and triglycerides.
- It is a strong anti-carcinogen and antimutagenic.
- Helps reduce urine and fecal odors.
- Helps treat and prevent constipation.
- Can be helpful in dissolving calcium oxalate stones.
Where can I find Chlorophyll?
This dietary supplement can be found in natural healing stores, either in liquid or tablet form.
What is it made of?
The chlorophyll sold as a dietary supplement contains chlorophyllin, which is obtained from chlorophyll. It has its same properties, but unlike chlorophyll, it is water-soluble.
Side effects and precautions
Using this supplement can change urine and feces color. Chlorophyll is not recommended for people who are sensitive to any component of chlorophyll.
Here, we’ll share a recipe with you for a very nutritious, and highly detoxifying smoothie. Remember, if your body is clean and your intestines are healthy, germs and pathogens cannot make a home in you.
Nourishing and cleansing chlorophyll smoothie
- One piece of a large pineapple or 5 guavas
- 3 spoonfuls of chlorophyll
- 2 Tbsp. of oats
- 1 Tbsp. of pollen
- Honey, to taste
- 3 cups of water
Directions: Blend all ingredients and serve, preferably in the mornings before breakfast.
About the author