Published: 08/09/2015 - Updated: 05/18/2018
Does your throat hurt more and more each day? Are you tired or extremely fatigued? Does your body hurt or feel stiff? Before running off to the pharmacy to buy a pill for the flu, think about what you could do to truly cure yourself. Mononucleosis is a viral infection that causes symptoms like tiredness, general malaise, fever, sore throat, inflammation of the lymphatic ganglions, especially those located in the throat.
What cause mononucleosis?
- Contagion through saliva or close contact with an infected individual.
- Some people call this the kissing disease, and it often affects teenagers, although this could happen at any age.
- It is related to the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), although it is also related to other microorganisms like cytomegalovirus (CMV).
- Fatigue, tiredness and a general lack of desire to do things.
- Restlessness or nervousness.
- Lack of appetite.
- Headaches accompanied by a general heavy feeling in the head.
- Sore throats which slowly get worse.
- General muscle aches.
- Tonsil inflammation, which develop a white or yellow film over them.
- The lymphatic ganglion, especially those located in the throat, generally become inflamed, which creates a very intense pain and discomfort in the area.
- Inflammation of the spleen or liver.
- Could cause pink colored pimples, especially if you’re taking ampicillin or some other antibiotic. That’s why we generally recommend treatment based on natural medicine, along with understanding the essential cause that led to the disease in the first place.
- Other possible symptoms include chest pains, cough, dryness in the mouth, nose bleeds, difficulty breathing, sensitivity to light, etc.
- Lymphocytes generally increase.
What to do if you have mononucleosis
If you want to treat this condition from the root, we recommend that you take time to rest, above all else. Follow a cleansing diet, cleansing the liver and spleen, along with the blood and intestines, which will need to be cleansed of harmful substances. You need to help you body by eating the following:
CLEANSING DIET: eat solely pineapple or papaya for one or two days. Eat only this fruit, starting the day off with two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and one glass of warm water with a lemon squeezed into it. Follow the diet for two days, drinking two liters of fresh water. After the diet, spend the following days eating steamed and raw vegetables, plant-based milks (almond milk is wonderful), or oatmeal milk. It is very important that you avoid white sugar in any form (sodas, sweets, pastries, sugary juices or beverages. Sugar is not helpful at all when the body has an infection, as it helps the infection spread and accumulates unnecessary toxins. You should also avoid cow’s milk which helps parasites, viruses and bacteria lodge themselves in the body. Cheeses are very salty and fermented, as are lunch meats and red meat, which accumulate a large amount of toxins in the body.
REST: This is basic. If you don’t want to take medication, rest and diet with start the healing work in your body. While resting it is important that you take time to reflect, look at things that are making you angry or irritated. This condition is related to repressed or misunderstood anger. If you are constantly angry or people and situations irritate you, you body will grow weak from the constant friction and emotional strain. We recommend that you read things while resting that help you see life, anger, irritation and despair with a new attitude. Do not depend on other people to change, but rather, you need to learn from what you live.
DRINK LIQUIDS AND JUICES: citrus juices before breakfast are a wonderful natural medicine for the body, as well as drinking fresh water. You need to drink at least two liters of water a day, and include other vegetable juices, like those made from alfalfa with carrots and aloe, celery with lemon, and add fresh ginger to your teas. Eat raw garlic in the morning or the afternoons.
SORE THROATS: Gargle with sea salt water, and drink lemon teas with ginger. Chew the fresh ginger, then swallow it. Ginger is a fantastic natural anti-inflammatory.