Silky, manageable and soft hair is what everyone dreams of. But having the hair of your dreams isn’t always so easy, especially when your hair is rough, dry, frizzy and has split ends.
Flat irons, blow driers, the sun, hot water from the shower, contamination, and so many other factors can damage your hair. Even brushing your hair too much can. However, there are ingredients and home remedies that can bring your hair back to life, giving it shine and a healthy look.
Recommendations for dry and frizzy hair
Dry hair often times looks abused, especially at the ends. It becomes hard to manage, and the ends can even split. In order to prevent the damage from growing even worse, or simply to improve the way your hair looks, try to follow these recommendations:
- Avoid using flat irons, blow driers, or other hair care machines that expose your hair to heat.
- Avoid using chemical dyes.
- Avoid hot water in the shower. Use warm to cold water on your hair.
- Don’t go to bed with wet hair. When your hair is wet, it is more easily damaged.
- Avoid chemical treatments that change the structure of your hair, like perms.
Oils for dry hair
Different natural oils can help repair dry and damaged hair. They provide moisture, making it more manageable. Some of the more highly recommended oils include coconut, almond, or olive oil.
- Use however much oil your hair needs. This could be anywhere from one to two tablespoons, depending on how long your hair is. Then place it in a pot.
- Heat the oil until it is warm and apply to the scalp, gently massaging it in circles. Spread it around until covering down to the tips. Use your fingers, and don’t be too forceful. You don’t need to completely cover your hair, or make it overly oily.
- Allow to set for two hours, then wash your hair as normal. You could also use this remedy at night, then rinse in the morning. Do this two to three times a week for the first 15 days, then only repeat once a week, in order to maintain your results.
Avocado is not only a source of vitamins like A, D, E, and biotin, but it also contains amino acids and minerals, like iron, magnesium, and copper. It is a good source of healthy oils that help re-moisturize your hair.
Simply prepare the mask by scooping out the pulp, and mixing it with one tablespoon of olive oil and one egg yolk. Mix into a soft paste.
Using your fingers, spread the mask around your scalp and hair. Allow to set for a half an hour, then rinse. Use warm water to remove, and wash your hair as normal.
Aloe vera for dry, abused hair
Aloe vera has a lot of benefits, and hair is not excluded from its properties. This ingredients is used to treat hair loss naturally, but it can also be used to soften hair.
A simple recipe is to mix 1 handful of hibiscus flowers with a quarter cup of aloe vera gel. Add one teaspoon of olive oil and mix well, grinding the hibiscus flowers.
Once the mixture is ready, wash your hair as you normally do. Rather than using conventional conditioner, however, use the aloe vera mixture. Apply from the scalp to the ends, and allow to set for 10 minutes. Remove with warm water.
Olive oil and rosemary
Olive oil can work wonders on your hair. Try to warm it up a bit before using it, then add 5 drops of rosemary oil. Use your fingers to gently massage the entire scalp. Lastly, brush your hair with your fingers to spread it around and allow to set overnight. In the morning, wash your hair as you normally do. If you like, use a shower cap to sleep at night so you don’t dirty your bed clothes.
Vinegar for dry hair
Apple cider vinegar has been used since ancient times to naturally improve hair. Use vinegar to clean the scalp and return it to a natural pH. You can even fight dandruff and certain parasites, like lice, as well as making damaged hair healthy.
Prepare the rinse by using 3 cups of water and 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. Wash your hair as you normally do, and then use the apple cider vinegar as a rinse before getting out of the shower. Allow to set for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing with warm to cool water. Gently dry your hair, repeat once a month for one month. Then repeat simply once a month. If you use vinegar too much, it could dry your hair out even more.