Published: 09/25/2014 - Updated: 03/08/2020
Author: Dra. Loredana Lunadei, PhD
It is said that food is one of the principal bases of health. If you want to always stay very healthy and young, and forget about doctors, medicines, and pharmacies, follow these food laws, and you will see that in addition to everything previously mentioned, you will have extra energy and a lot of enthusiasm. A few of the following principles were taken from the Laws of healing in Dr. Bernard Jensen’s book “Nature has a Remedy”.
Here we will share these basic health principles with you:
1. Raw foods: more than 50% of the foods that you eat should be raw.
2. Diet should have 80% alkalinity and 20% acidic.
3. You should ingest 6 vegetables, 2 fruits, one starch, and one protein a day.
4. Variety: foods should vary every day.
5. Eat enough: Do not eat until you feel “full”. You must eat with moderation. It’s best to eat more times throughout the day, but in lesser amounts. It is recommended to eat 5 times a day, dividing foods into: first food, breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner.
6. Meats: if you like meat, opt for lean meat without fat, or white meats. Avoid pork. Each time you eat meat, combine it with a fresh vegetable salad, and do not drink any sugary drinks.
7. Bake, grill, and steam: avoid frying foods as this removes all their nutritive value. It’s best to grill meats and steam vegetables, or even better, eat them raw.
MORE IN THE JOY OF WELLNESSBlurry or Cloudy Vision: Causes and Natural Treatment
8. Properly combine foods: avoid mixing fruits with other foods, as the sugar ferments the chyme, producing alcohol. This means that it’s like consuming alcohol, without drinking. Also, do not mix proteins and carbohydrates in the same meal, as this requires different types of acidity in gastric juice to digest each one. It’s best to eat one or the other, varying meals.
9. Sugars: avoid all products that contain processed sugars, and opt for molasses, honey, and brown sugar, which are much healthier. The only thing that refined sugar does in the body is convert to extra weight, because it lacks any nutritive value. It is also a nervous system and glandular system irritant. Consuming this product degenerates these systems and causes several health problems.
10. Drink the juice of just one fruit before breakfast. Make it fresh, and do not add sugar to it. The best ones at this time in the morning are lemon, grape, orange, pineapple, or plum juices, which help cleanse the blood.
Menu example following these food-based healing principles :
FIRST FOOD (before breakfast): lemon juice, diluted in half a cup of warm water.
MORE IN THE JOY OF WELLNESSMigraines: Natural Treatment and More Ways of Getting Rid of them
BREAKFAST: oats make with soy milk and sweetened with molasses.
LUNCH: fresh vegetable salad or steamed vegetables, accompanied by soft beans or cooked potato. Drink mint or chamomile tea. You could also choose to eat grilled fish, seasoned with herbs, olive oil, or plain yogurt. It is suggested to eat fish 2 or 3 times a week, when not eating any other meat. Another lunch example would be vegetable soup or chicken broth.
MID AFTERNOON: fruit salad with sunflower seeds or linseed. For this salad, choose 2 or 3 fruits, trying to make sure that they are all either sweet or acidic fruits. Do not combine these.
DINNER: steamed vegetables: choose between carrots, chayote, Swiss chard, eggplant, cauliflower,broccoli, etc. You can also choose to eat whole grain toast with Ricotta cheese.
- Whole grain rice is a fantastic source of minerals, vitamins, and fiber. Use it as a substitute for refined rice. It is not too difficult to make, and is truly worth it.
- Seaweed are excellent sources of minerals and vitamins. Spirulina seaweed is rich in beta-carotene (precursor to vitamin A), iron, fluoride, potassium, calcium, etc.
- Amaranth is one of those grains at the head of the list of foods of the future, due to its rich essential amino acid content, and calcium. It also has a long list of vitamins and minerals.
- Vegetable milks: these are the healthy alternatives to cow’s milk.
- Grain molasses as an alternative to refined sugars.
About the author