Published: 07/10/2018 - Updated: 03/08/2020
It can easily be said that garlic possesses quite a long list of medicinal properties. Besides being an excellent microbicide, disinfectant, decongestant, and a pituitary gland stimulant, it is also effective in the digestive process and rich in iron.
Garlic Healthy properties
It can also be used to treat insect bites and circulatory problems, along with these following uses:
- Liver: Crushed garlic, or garlic juice, are effective in activating optimum liver function. Without proper liver function the entire body and all its processes are affected. If you experience bad morning breath or crusty eyes, weakness in the eyes, or if you’re constantly tense or irritable (frequently getting upset) or suffering from headaches, this could be a problem with your liver function. Try eating one clove of garlic with a touch of lemon juice every three days.
- Asthma: Shortness of breath produced by asthma can be combated with a simple recipe: crushed garlic combined with one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Lungs and Respiratory System: Garlic produces a powerful decongestant effect and is helpful in fighting colds, sinusitis, phlegm producing coughs, and excessive phlegm (caused by high toxicity in the body).
- Blood: Garlic purifies and refreshes the entire circulatory system.
- Arteries: Garlic lowers blood pressure and prevents hypertension.
- Kidneys and Bladder: Consuming crushed garlic on an empty stomach cures nearly every illness of the kidneys and bladder.
- Digestive Tract: Garlic cures constipation and disinfects the large intestines of toxins.
- Worms: One of the best known therapeutic uses of garlic is its ability to deworm and eliminate tapeworm from the body.
- Diabetes: Garlic is beneficial to diabetics and helps reestablish hormone balance.
- Eczema and Cold Sores: Just a few drops of garlic juice are recommended for people suffering from chronic eczema and cold sores.
- Obesity: The condition of being overweight could truly disappear if one were to follow a balanced diet, taking one or two servings of crushed garlic on an empty stomach.
- Fatigue and the Nervous System: Garlic proves to be a powerful aid when dealing with cases of fatigue, exhaustion, depression, headaches, insomnia, and problems with the nervous system.
- Uric Acid: Garlic is effective in helping to combat uric acid by alleviating and curing joint and muscle aches; for this reason it is highly recommended for rheumatism and sciatic gout.
If you are looking for a powerful and natural remedy for varicose veins, follow this strategy:
Every day for three days drink one glass of warm water with a clove of crushed, raw garlic before breakfast. Combine this with 30 minutes of any exercise that helps strengthen the legs such as biking, running, or dancing. Once or twice a week make a cream out of crushed, raw garlic and apply this as a cream over the varicose veins.
Cavallito, C. J., & Bailey, J. H. (1944). Allicin, the Antibacterial Principle of Allium sativum. I. Isolation, Physical Properties and Antibacterial Action. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 66(11), 1950–1951.
Garlic and Cancer Prevention. National Cancer Institute