This food is rich in amino acids and micro nutrients that are extremely beneficial to health. Royal Jelly is a secretion produced by the glands of worker bees that are between 3 and 14 days old, when they consume pollen, water and honey, and the temperature of the hive is just right. This secretion, rich in vitamins, amino acids and proteins, is used as food for the queen bee’s entire life. Royal Jelly is liquid in form with a milky color, and an acidic taste:
- 18% of Royal Jelly is made up of proteins
- Rich in hormones such as estradiol, testosterone and progesterone
- Contains vitamin E
- Contains natural antibiotics
- Rich in minerals such as iron, gold, calcium, cobalt, silicon, magnesium, nickel, silver, sulfur, chrome and zinc
- Rich in vitamins B1 and B2, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, folic acid, inositol, albumins, and other elements such as fat and sugars
Royal Jelly is used in natural medicine to treat a wide range of illnesses, such as:
- Helps strengthen the immune system.
- Helps reduce cholesterol.
- Fights external and digestive ulcers.
- Stimulates energy, fighting physical and mental exhaustion.
- Helps prevent and aid in the recovering from arthritis and sclerosis.
- Reduces menopausal symptoms.
- Acts as a heart toner.
- Reconstructs tissues after dental extractions.
- Renovates the cells and tones the tissues in the skin.
- Good for pancreatitis, insomnia, and other conditions.
- It is said to increase fertility in both men and women (and is especially beneficial to vegetarians).
- Highly recommended for elderly people.
You only need to take a little each day, from 100 to 400 mg, to reap these benefits (which is a few drops or 1 to 2 capsules with each meal).
Royal Jelly is also used to prepare therapeutic and reconstructive products like masks, soaps, creams, shampoos, etc.
It is said to have properties superior to those of normal honey, and is used especially in rejuvenating creams. Some do believe, however, that Royal Jelly contains properties very similar to those of honey, which is anti-inflammatory, regenerative, and antiseptic.
Royal Jelly mask for the skin
Mix the following ingredients in a tray:
- Half a cup of plain yogurt (preferably homemade)
- 3 Tbsp. of honey, or a small spoonful of Royal Jelly
- 1 Tbsp. of oats
Mix all ingredients and apply to the skin before bathing, giving yourself a small, circular massage. Leave it on your face, neck and hands for roughly 20 minutes. Rinse. Your skin will be glowing.
WARNING: This can cause allergic reactions in some cases.