Published: 12/12/2014 - Updated: 12/14/2014
Papaya is definitely one of the most medicinal fruits in existence. This fruit has so many curative effects on the body, it stands out for its vitamin C and A content that comes as betacarotenes, which are potent antioxidants. Not only do they repair damaged tissues, but they noticeably strengthen the body’s defenses, preventing and helping cure diseases like:
Benefits of Papaya
- Prevents and helps cure all types of cancer (breast, colon, skin, etc.), for its antioxidant power and its high content of vitamins A and C. It also has potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Skin problems: by having cleansing properties, it helps remove toxins in the intestines, which noticeably favor the skin, helping it to recover and heal completely.
- Arthritis: helps detoxify the joints and remove inflammation in them. This helps prevent pain.
- Heart: an excellent remedy for treating all sorts of cardiovascular diseases due to its properties and vitamins.
- Smokers, ex-smokers, and alcoholics: this is a potent antioxidant. It removes toxins from the lungs and body, and also helps repair tissues that have been damaged by inhaling harmful substances contained in cigarettes. Smokers also need much higher doses of vitamin C, which papaya can provide without any problem.
- Weight loss and lowering cholesterol: papaya is one of the most used fruits for weight loss and for eliminating harmful cholesterol because it is low in calories and also has high cleansing properties.
- Fertility: because of its vitamin C content, papaya can help men increase their fertility. However, it is not recommended as a remedy to increase fertility in women because the high vitamin C dosage could inhibit estrogen production in women.
- Eyes and vision: prevents ocular tissue degeneration, helps prevent and cure conjunctivitis, vision problems and poor night vision because of its high vitamin A content.
- “Itis“: helps cure and prevent all illnesses that end in “itis”, like colitis, gastritis, conjunctivitis, etc., because it possesses an accentuated anti-inflammatory power.
- Stomach: cures practically all stomach conditions because it is a fantastic laxative. It helps digest foods well and to easily evacuate them, as well as reducing inflammation, preventing gas, etc. It contains papain, a proteolytic enzyme with strong digestive properties that helps properly break proteins down and prevents gastritis and heavy digestion (see how to consume it, because you should avoid eating it with certain foods).
- Papaya seeds help prevent intestinal parasites and to cleanse the body of them.
- Infections: its high vitamin A and C content increases body defenses, which helps prevent a lot of infectious diseases and cures problems like cystitis, skin fungus, cough, lung and skin infections, etc.
Medicinal methods of consuming Papaya
- Papaya should be eaten everyday before breakfast. Eat a large plate of it or drink it in a juice without adding sugar. A bit of 100% pure honey is better.
- It is important to eat papaya 30 minutes before a meal or two hours after eating. You should not mix it with food because this lowers the healing effect, and it isn’t properly used completely. This also creates alcohol when combined with other foods, which damages the liver.
- If you have arthritis or a skin condition, you can make a papaya paste with a big piece of papaya and half a cup of plain yogurt. Apply it on top of the damaged area or as a mask, and let it set for 20 minutes before rinsing with plenty of water.
- If you have constipation, cancer, arthritis, or if you want a general body and intestinal cleanse, you should prepare a papaya smoothie and add a few seeds to the smoothie. Blend with a bit of water and juice from half a lemon. Drink daily before breakfast.
- If you have parasites, you need to blend papaya seeds with a small piece of papaya, one small, raw close of garlic (optional, the garlic strengthens the parasite removal effect), and half a glass of water. Blend well and drink without straining, on an empty stomach, for one month straight.
When you are selecting your papaya, make sure it is fresh, that it isn’t bruised or old. The papaya should have a smooth skin and bright, smooth color.