Published: 04/01/2015 - Updated: 12/29/2017
Author: MSc. Miriam Reyes
If you have droopy or saggy skin and you’re thinking about getting a face lift, think about it a little more because there are unpleasant consequences with that technique, like unpleasant scarring, even more accentuated droopiness after time, etc. Not only that, but you’ll need to spend time, money, and suffer the consequences that having surgery undoubtedly has.
Face lifts are generally performed as aesthetic surgery, and is a resource to avoid flaccid, droopy, or aged skin. This operating is performed as a nose job, a lift on the forehead, or blepharoplasty. The patient needs to be sedated while the plastic surgery is being performed, as the surgeon will make incisions above the implant line at the scalp, around the temples, and passing down to the ear and the lower part of the scalp.
If you want to avoid going through this and you’d like to activate the rejuvenating powers that your body naturally has, it’s best to start by getting to know what causes cellular aging.
What causes flaccid, droopy, aged skin and double chins, bags under the eyes, etc?
- Lack of high nutrient, quality diet.
- Low consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Lack of clean water.
- Lack of stimulation for blood, nutrients and oxygen to the tissues.
- Smoking and drinking.
- Staying up late and not sleeping enough.
- Prolonged diseases.
Although some people may tell you that your skin will just get old some day, take a look around you. A lot of people that are 40 or 50 sometimes look in their 20’s. Why is that? It’s because they’ve given their body the necessary resources to have young skin.
What can I do to regain firm skin?
Do you think it’s impossible? Well…it’s all a matter of willpower. Skin can be repaired, regenerated and rejuvenated if you give it the necessary elements. If you want to surprise your friends with beautiful, young skin without surgery, follow these tips:
- Start eating a diet rich in fresh vegetables. Start the day with a citrus juice and eliminate harmful fats, cow’s milk in any form, white flour that just fills the belly and don’t nourish the body, and white or refined sugar, which robs the body of important minerals.
- Drink carrot juice with parsley and aloe throughout the entire afternoon, daily.
- Include a piece of fresh ginger in dandelion tea daily, before breakfast, with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Practice yoga for circulation and oxygenation throughout the body. This is the best thing. Stand on your head daily, which will enormously help to regain firmness in your tissues.
- Do facial gymnastics daily. Move the muscles in your face and gently press over your entire face at night before going to bed and after having washed your face.
- Exfoliate your skin and neck three times a week, and then gently exfoliate either with oatmeal or an exfoliating gel. Apply chamomile to your face and then a natural aloe cream.
- Sleep at least eight hours a day. Did you know that not sleeping will make your cellular regeneration processes weak?
- Avoid smoking and staying up late.
- Don’t expose your face to direct sunlight.
- Apply snail extract gel at night, which is perfect for firming tissues and making wrinkles disappear.
- Practice yogic exercises and abdominal breathing.
- Drink at least two liters of water a day.
- Apply aloe, pure honey and chamomile creams during the day.
- Apply a papaya with plain yogurt and honey mask, three times a month.
It’s important that you know that one of the causes that creates the most aging in the skin is tension, worry, stress, and repeated or prolonged anger. So you need to pay attention to this and be in deep contact with what you feel. Read to work on your anger, tension, etc. There are a lot of techniques to release tension and stress, but there’s nothing better than having a better way of seeing life, and having more confidence.
Always remember that one of the best elixirs for youth is to have a happy and jovial spirit. But this isn’t a faked, forced, or false happiness, but rather a sense of peace and constant flow. This honest attitude towards life will undoubtedly help you rejuvenate your skin without surgery.
Revised by: Dra. Loredana Lunadei on 12/29/2017
About the author