Published: 07/31/2018 - Updated: 01/31/2019
Author: MSc. Miriam Reyes
The heart is a fundamental organ for the overall well-being of the body. It controls blood circulation and distributes nutrients by ceaselessly pumping throughout our entire lives.
Here we will provide you with a few remedies and useful advice, to either help your heart begin to feel better and recover from illnesses, or just to keep it functioning well.
Primary causes for cardiac illness are:
Weak or sickly arteries
Prolonged states of anxiety, distress, or stress
Constant, excessive work
Lack of exercise
Lack of play or fun
Lack of rest
Stimulant abuse, such as coffee, tobacco, or alcohol
Emotions related to lack of motivation or stimulation
Mindless or overly-demanding exertion
Symptoms of a weak heart are:
Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
Dizziness for no apparent reason
Excessive tiredness (no desire to participate in or perform daily activities)
Nausea accompanied by panic attacks
Weakness and lack of motivation
Sweating without performing any physical activity
- Follow a healthy diet, with abundant fresh vegetables, fresh fruit juices, natural oils (olive, sunflower, etc.). Avoid excessive consumption of salt, white sugar, and refined products, saturated fats (but most of all deli meats and fried foods).
- Try to eat foods rich in magnesium and potassium: magnesium stimulates contraction and rhythmic relaxation, lessening possibilities that may aggravate the heart. Potassium is a mineral that helps reduce cardiac activity and muscular fiber irritation. This is found mostly in fruits and vegetables.
- Do not overwork yourself.
- Allow yourself at least 2 hours a day to deeply enjoy some sort of activity.
- Do at least 20 minutes of physical activity a day.
- Rest enough: working under lots of pressure can cause insomnia. These people are more prone to heart conditions.
- Work in a relaxed state of mind, without being pressed for time.
- Avoid use of tobacco, alcohol, coffee and medicines.
- Search for literature that promotes confidence and value for human beings. This will bring you peace.
- Do not watch the news at night: read something pleasant, that programs the brain with positive and peaceful thoughts.
Home remedies and Natural medicine for the Heart
- To create muscular cardiac strength and to lower blood pressure: make a healing drink with a spoonful of dried flowers or fresh Hawthorne in a glass of water. Boil for 10 minutes. Let stand and drink twice a day.
- To reduce stress and regulate cardiac rhythm: make Valerian tea, with a tsp. of the herb in one glass of water. Boil for 10 minutes. Drink a glass at night, or sometime during the day when you feel stressed.
- Drink a healing beverage made of lemon grass, sweetened with honey, twice a day for 8 days.
- Drink a cup of parsley juice before breakfast, and 15 minutes before bed.
- Eat tons of strawberries, mango, kiwi, as often as you can. These strengthen the heart muscles and regulate the nervous system.
- Drink a tonic made of onion and lemon juice, honey, and 2 cloves of garlic, in a medium size glass of warm water. This is excellent for revitalizing and strengthening the heart.
Revised by: Dra. Loredana Lunadei on 01/31/2019
About the author