Published: 12/09/2014 - Updated: 12/31/2017
Today we introduce the concept of medicinal fruits. Fruits possess a formidable therapeutic value. Knowing how to use and combine them properly could be one of the best and most effective medicines nowadays for curing and maintaining a healthy body. Their healing reaches surprise more and more scientists every day, as well as those individuals that chose to cure themselves by natural means.
Fruit’s qualities have a long list of advantages for the body, like these mentioned below:
- They have a high cleansing ability.
- The vitamins and minerals contained in each fruit can be strengthened through medicinal fruit usage.
- They are excellent rejuvenators due to their antioxidant content.
- Rich in water, which contains carbohydrates, amino acids, proteins, vitamins, enzymes, fiber, fatty acids, mineral salts and fructose, which keep the body well hydrated, clean, and enlivened.
- Once entering the intestines, they release nutritive and energetic substances that are easily absorbed.
- They are the only foods that don’t take energy from the body during digestion, but quite the contrary.
- When raw, they are some of the most beneficial and healing foods of all.
- They do not contain harmful sugar, like refined (white) sugars, which wear down, deteriorate and age the nervous system and the body in general. However, they do contain fructose, a sugar that is absorbent, healthy, and indispensable for basic body functions, especially for the pancreas and the brain.
- Fruits do not cause weight gain. Knowing how to combine them can even be excellent for the liver, and if the liver functions correctly, the body will not carry excess weight. Also, they form a barrier to harmful, accumulated fats in the body due to their high enzyme content.
- They are the healthiest treats for children and adults.
- They lengthen life and provide a better quality of life.
In order to take advantage of the healing potential in fruit, you need to know them well. You should know the qualities of each fruit and how each one can help you. Knowing how to use fruits therapeutically and knowing when to eat them and at what time is the best way to ensure best absorption. This is an essential part of a healing diet with fruit.
Notes for benefiting from fruit and their nutritive and medicinal properties:
- In order for fruit to provides their nutritive value, even when one is healthy or wanting to maintain health, they must be consumed by themselves. This means to consume them on an empty stomach and avoid mixing them with other foods. This is not good to do because the sugar will ferment other foods and will create alcohol in the body. This is not good for the liver, nor for the body in general. Once you have eaten a piece of fruit, wait 30 minutes for the digestion to finish, and do not mix with other foods.
- Correct combination is essential as well. Avoid combining a lot of fruits at the same time and avoid mixing acidic or citrus fruits with sweet fruits.
- Fruits with a high vitamin C content, such as oranges, guava, strawberries, blackberries, plums, kiwi, lemon, etc., are perfect before breakfast.
- For children, dicing fruit in the afternoon or as a snack will keep them healthy and will keep their immune system resistant.
- Watermelon and cantaloupe are perfect in the afternoon.
- Apples at night are a good sedative. They do not contain a lot of water, so children won’t get up in the middle of the night to go to bed. Apples also help keep the stomach in perfect conditions, and in the morning, they help evacuate harmful substances more easily. If you don’t have any apples on hand, you could substitute them with pears or peaches.
- Citrus juices and sweet fruit, like bananas, mammee, or papaya are perfect in the morning or mid-morning.
- For athletes or those that physically demanding work, bananas and mammee are a fantastic source of calories, vitamins and necessary minerals.
- Whenever you make a fruit juice, drink them instantly to prevent the vitamins and minerals from oxidizing. Remember to drink the juice slowly and in small sips.
Fruits can helps cure illnesses like infections, inflammations, gastritis, colitis, ulcers, nervous system imbalances, skin problems, etc., and even arthritis, cancer, lupus, etc. There is a fruit that could be key to your healing.