Published: 06/22/2015 - Updated: 05/16/2018
Whenever we talk to other people, generally we look them in the eyes, which transmit a sense of happiness, sadness, fatigue, honesty, and all sorts of information that supports a conversation. That’s why we say that the eyes are the window to the soul, because we communicate and express ourselves not only with words, but also with our gestures and our eyes.
Eyes age, and in this society full of computers, cell phones, and way too many hours of artificial light, the eyes can become stressed and tired. That’s when you start to notice that they lose their shine and expressiveness… This problem doesn’t affect just women – who always seem worried about the way they look – but it also affects men as well.
So by remembering how important they eyes are, we are going to take a look at a few of the problems we found, and how to apply solutions to rejuvenate the eyes. Facial gymnastics is a natural treatment that works wonders. Both you and other people will notice how much better you look.
Common Eye Problems:
Droopy or flaccid eyelids: they make eyes look small and old
Crow’s feet: they are ugly, age one’s face, and make one’s face less expressive.
Dark circles: they make you look less beautiful, and tired. These commonly appear after staying up late one night, or not sleeping enough.
Bags: this is an aesthetic defect that makes eyes look sad and sunken. They can be caused by fluid retention or hormonal changes.
Dullness: fatigue, dull eyes, lack of blinking
What causes wrinkles?
There are several things that cause wrinkles, such as sun exposure that damages the skin, especially areas around the neck, the eyes, and the upper lip. Another cause is loss of elasticity caused by a lack of collagen, which causes expression lines.
And lastly, you need to fight the effects of gravity, which are constantly working against your face. If you muscles don’t work out, they’ll end up sagging, taking your skin along with them. This causes the face to lose firmness.
How can I Slow the Appearance of Wrinkles?
- Clean your face daily, using products that do not contain chemicals nor alcohol, which could damage your skin. Make sure they get a deep clean to remove filth or makeup.
- Take a look at your diet, making sure to eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, and oily fish, which provide vitamins and antioxidants. These fight free radicals, which are responsible for aging.
- We recommend drinking water or natural juices to hydrate your skin, and to eliminate toxins.
- It is very important that you keep your stress under control. Rest sufficiently so that the body can regenerate itself. To relax, try using breathing techniques, with color visualization, as well as exercising.
- Protect your skin whenever you are going to be exposed to the sun, and don’t forget sunglasses, to prevent crow’s feet from forming around your eyes…
- Practice facial gymnastics, which tone muscles and help fight flaccidity.
EYE MASSAGES – Eye fatigue + Expressions
This massage helps improve dark circles, bags, wrinkles, fatigue, and it also relaxes the area. Your eyes will look more expressive and alive. Repeat each motion 3 times.
Accompany with slow, deep breathing.
- Massage figure 8 circles around the eye, starting below the eye and moving up toward the eyebrow. Lower down between eyebrows to the lower part of the eye, once again.
- Press your middle finger around the eyes for 5 seconds.
- Pinch the entire eyebrow with your index finger and thumb to relax tension, and to lift the upper eyelid and the eyebrow.
- Use your middle finger to gently thump the dark circles under your eyes, gently pumping the area.
- Finalize by rubbing your index fingers over your eyelids to drain anything towards your ears.
- Rub the palms of your hands together and place them over your eyes, keeping your palms open. This will increase the relaxing effect of the massage.
To Deflate Bags or Dark Circles Under the Eyes:
You can also place a few chamomile tea bags, or cotton balls soaked in chamomile, under your eyes. After drinking this tea, place the bags in the fridge for a few hours until they cool. Do not place in the freezer. You should not apply ice to your eyes. Let the bags work for 10 minutes.
Another option would be to place cucumber slices on your eyes, and lay down with closed eyes for 10 minutes.