Do you frequently feel the urge to urinate? Do you get up a lot at night? When you urinate, does nothing come out, or does it burn or itch? Then you may suffer from what is known as dysfunctional elimination syndrome, a voiding disorder that causes the following symptoms:
Symptoms of dysfunctional elimination syndrome:
- Painful urination (dysuria)
- Frequent urge to urinate (polyuria)
- Urgency to urinate
- Itching or burning during or after urinating
- Lower abdominal pain
Possible causes of dysfunction elimination syndrome:
- Inflammation in any part of the urinary tract, which could be an infection, or not. These infectious causes could have several names, which are listed below/
- Cystitis: inflammation of the bladder
- Urethritis: inflammation of the urethra
- Prostatitis: inflammation of the prostate
- Orchiepididymitis: Inflammation of the testicles.
- Pyelonephritis: inflammation of the kidney tissue.
- Vulvo-vaginitis: inflammation of the vulva and/or vagina
- Emotional causes: excessive anxiety, stress or depression.
- Frequent night urination due to water retention. If your ankles or legs are swollen at night, the liquid will then be releases and will cause more urges to urinate.
- Irritating chemicals like alkaline soaps, gel or douches, inappropriate deodorants, underwear made with synthetic fibers, etc.
- Estrogen deficit (which could happen after menopause).
- Certain pharmaceuticals or medications, like sulfonamides
- Bladder cancer.
Natural remedies for dysfunctional elimination syndrome
- Diet: if you suffer from this problem, the first thing you need to do is change your diet. Avoid anything that is irritating, like vinegar, peppers, coffee, chocolate, etc., along with cow’s milk and all its derivatives. Avoid refined flour and sugar, along with red meat and sausages. Do not eat any junk food. You should start every morning by drinking horsetail tea with a few drops of lemon, before breakfast. Eat something like papaya, pineapple, or mango for breakfast. At mid-day, you can make a vegetarian sandwich. For lunch and dinner, you should eat mostly steamed vegetables along with grilled chicken or fish (just one portion a day). At night, eat one clove of soft garlic with one glass of warm water, and include two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in your daily diet, along with fresh vegetable juices, especially prepared from carrots, ginger (one small piece a day).
- If you have an infection, it is important that you take a look at your emotions. If you are depressed or frequently become irritated by things, your body defenses will be weakened by this, and this will predispose you to all sorts of illnesses and infections. If you frequently become irritated or angry, try to release your anger, and don’t repress anything. Try not to talk to others about what is bothering you, if you feel angry. It’s best to vent what you feel, figure out a way to solve it, and then speak with the individual.
- Avoid using creams, gel, or irritating soaps in the area around your genitals. Soaps that are made with 100% natural products, like honey, aloe, etc., are the best.
- Drink enough water throughout the day to avoid drinking water an hour before going to bed. Also, do not drink coffee or tea after dinner, as they are diuretics.
- Avoid taking medications. There are always natural remedies that can help fight infections and solve problems. Garlic, for example, is a potent antibiotic that tops a lot of conventional antibiotics. If you are patient, you’ll notice how garlic will not only help cure you, but it will strengthen your immune system. Using fresh ginger, on the other hand, is an excellent inflammation reducer. It will reduce inflammation and repair damaged tissues.