Published: 05/01/2015 - Updated: 12/29/2017
Author: MSc. Miriam Reyes
Jade was once highly valued by Ancient Chinese Dynasties just as diamonds are, and it was related to purity, wisdom, and perfection…The Mayans and Aztecs used it as protective talismans.
Jade possesses beneficial health effects, thanks to its micro-element composition. It reduces the aging process and strengthens and increases defenses. Jade is a natural heat transmitter, and also helps circulate vital internal energy throughout the body. When it comes into contact with skin, jade generates a pleasant electromagnetic field around the body.
Facial massage with jade works by creating energetic friction on the area to be treated, and then follows the energetic canals. It is beneficial for both men and women.
Facial massage is performed on clean skin (with no makeup) and the following oils can be used:
- Sunflower oil (unrefined), rich in vitamin E and F, making it an excellent antioxidant.
- Rose hip oil, which was regenerative and anti-wrinkle properties. It softens the outlines of skin marks along with scars.
- Wheat germ oil: prevents oxydization and is abundant in vitamin E, making it great at rejuvenating and regenerating
- Almond oil is the most popular in our country, as it provides elasticity to tissues.
- Avocado oil, which has a greater diversity of nutrients and is also more oily, meaning that it is not great for all skin types. It is perfect for mature skin, or malnourished skin.
- Oatmeal oil, great for oily skin, just like jojoba. It has a lot of phosphorus. It firms and heals skin.
- Sesame oil: popular in ayurveda, it is absorbed immediately. It firms skin.
It is important that your oils are organic.
Benefits of facial massage with Jade:
– Stimulates the skin’s natural ability to rejuvenate, which will create a younger, healthier look.
– Relaxes the muscles and the nervous system (tension and headaches).
– Jade’s lower temperature helps close pores.
– Reduces bags and circles under the eyes along with swelling, thanks the help it provides the lymphatic system.
– Stimulates collagen when passed over acupressure points, increasing skin firmness and reducing small wrinkles and expression lines.
– Activates blood circulation by providing more oxygen to tissues and promoting cellular and skin renovation.
Revised by: Dra. Loredana Lunadei on 12/29/2017
About the author